Stairlifts- Schedule your home visit to get all the information you need
A stairlift is a piece of assistive technology, consisting of a chair that carries you safely up and downstairs, on a rail that is secured to your stair treads. There are typically three types of stairlifts: stairlifts for straight stairs, stairlifts for curved stairs, and stairlifts for use outdoors.
Stairlifts have five main benefits.
- First, a stairlift is safe to use and it reduces the risk of a fall when using the stairs is painful or difficult.
- Second, a stairlift is easy to use. To use a stairlift you sit on the seat, put on the seatbelt, and hold a switch to go up or down the stairs. This switch is usually put on an armrest and must be held to advance the chair. If you stop holding it, the chair will stop.
- Third, a stairlift allows you to remain independent. If you have needed help going up or downstairs a stairlift may allow you to navigate different levels of your home on your own.
- Fourth, while the purchase and installation of a stairlift is an investment, it is far more cost-effective than needing to sell your home and move to another. There are many models available and if the time comes when you do want to sell your home, the stairlift is easy to remove.
- And finally, a stairlift allows you to stay in a home that is familiar to you and filled with your memories and love.
Being able to remain at home is very important for most seniors. When stairs become a challenge rather than looking to sell your home for a single-level ranch, consider the benefits of installing a stairlift. A stairlift can handle the main safety concern of a multi-level home and can give you the ability to navigate safely to all areas of your house.
When you would like to discuss and evaluate whether a stairlift is right for you, call Livewell Mobility and Modifications to talk about scheduling your home visit. We will help you determine if a stairlift will meet your personal needs and will recommend the best available options based on what your stairs are like.
Scheduling your home visit is part of our service to you and is a free, no-obligation opportunity for you to get all the information you need to make a decision and to have all of your questions answered and concerns addressed. Call us to schedule your visit and find out the price of the stairlift that will meet your needs and fit you and your house.