Every year one in three elderly adults suffers a serious stairway fall. A fall can change the life of an elderly person drastically and can also reduce their ability to live independently at home. Thankfully, there are so many products on the market that can improve mobility and provide full accessibility to all areas of the home. Stairlifts and elevators are two of the most popular options for eliminating the danger of climbing stairs. But how do you know which one is best? Why should you choose an elevator over a stairlift? Here are a few things to consider:
- Elevators have flexible installation locations. They do not have to be installed on the stairs. An elevator can be installed practically anywhere in the home, you’re not just limited to the stairway.
- Elevators are highly customizable from features to design! Stairlifts can be difficult to disguise within a home’s aesthetic and can often draw unwanted attention. Elevators can be designed to look like a closet, or they can be the focal point of the home! The possibilities are endless!
- Safe and Improved home mobility are an added benefit with Elevators. Getting into and out of an elevator is fairly simple and can be done independently. There are handrails that provide support while the elevator is in use.
- Elevators also increase a home’s resale value. An elevator is an especially valuable addition because it makes the house accessible to more people. Adding an elevator to your home is an investment in your future. Not only will the resale value of the home rise, it will also attract more people interested in your house because of the versatility.
- Safety and Reliability are 2 key perks of an elevator. Today’s home elevators include a variety of safety features that help you move around your home with ease and peace of mind. By riding on an elevator, guests and family members can avoid falls on a staircase and access all areas of the home safely.
LiveWell has home elevators that can fit any space and any design. We have through-the-floor elevators, traditional home elevators, and vertical platform lifts. No matter your space or your budget, we have the perfect elevator for your home! Give us a call today to schedule a free in-home assessment to review the space that you have in mind and determine the right fit for you!
To view more blog posts, visit: Our Blog | LiveWell mobility and Modifications